9.08.2008

I Need You... to Help Me Feel Better

Ugh. Woke up this morning with the congested, achy head, sore throat, and stiffness in the neck that can only mean one thing: New School Year Funk. The ice-cold (blessedly) classroom, the new students with all their icky little germs, the fact that I can't work out as much as I'd like... these things all contribute to the generally crappy feeling that rolls around every fall semester when I'm exposed to a bunch of new people and germs.

I'm glad I've had my tonsils out (granted, that only happened summer '07), because otherwise I'd likely be out of school for a week with the funkiness. As it is, I'm hoping that I can keep it under control so I don't miss any school. We have several days off for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Sukkot (Jewish religious holidays, for the uninformed) and I need all the time with the kids I can get between now and then. Being sick would be BAD.

I'm appealing to my readers (all 2 of you) to bestow upon me your remedies for keeping the cooties at bay. I don't do flu shots but I'd be good for herbal, homeopathic or straight traditional medicine. Just help me. Quickly:)

No comments: