10.28.2008

Big Money, Big Money!

Tried out for "Wheel of Fortune" on Saturday in Tunica, which is Las Vegas South for those who aren't edumacated in Southern geography. Maybe "tried out" isn't the most accurate phrasing. "Went to try out, filled out a form and sat in a huge room with about 1,500 other hopefuls for an hour and half" is more accurate. Dressed up a little. Drove the hour to Tunica from downtown Memphis (where I stopped off to hit the last Farmer's Market of the season), waited in line for about 20-30 minutes (fastest-moving line I've EVER been in!!), filled out a form with my pertinent info and interesting things about me, dropped said form in a box, took my seat, and pretended to be OVER THE TOP excited about being there.
I would have been excited, had I gotten on stage; I would have danced, sang, done yoga, yodeled, recited Chaucer, or whatever that obnoxious travelling host and "Vanna" asked me to do, for a chance to be on the "real" show and win the Big Money. But alas, Lady Luck was not smiling down on me on Saturday, because my name was not drawn at random to appear on stage for a chance to be called back for a second round of auditions, which would move me ever closer to Pat and Vanna.
All is not lost, or so I'm told, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The Big Money probably isn't coming anytime soon for me.

No comments: